Mardi Gras and music go hand in hand. After all the country’s biggest Mardi Gras celebration takes place in New Orleans, LA – America’s most musical city (sorry Austin, TX).
No matter where you are in the world your Mardis Gras celebration will be taking place, one of the best ways to celebrate is by enjoying New Orleans jazz, one of the city’s finest exports.
We have already introduced you to a few of our zydeco bands and now it is our pleasure to present just a few of our jazz bands who follow in the New Orleans jazz tradition. These groups are located all over the country and are more than qualified to bring authentic Mardi Gras music to any celebration:
- The New Orleans Jazz Ramblers (Memphis, TN)
- Ted Hefko’ New Orleans Jazz Band (Brooklyn, NY)
- Dr. Jazz And The New Orleans Sounds (New Orleans, LA)
- Wildcat Jazz Band (New York, NY)
- Uptown Lowdown Jazz (Bellevue, WA)
Happy Mardi Gras!