UPDATE: See who won our Spectacular Spring Party Event Planner Contest.
Are you a professional event planner who lives for creating amazing parties? Are the winter blues getting you down? Well, we sure are over the snow and ready for sunshine – which is why we want you to share with us the best spring party you have ever planned. Get us excited about the beautiful events that the warmer weather brings and win a $900+ prize pack.
We’ve arranged a prize pack specifically for you, the party planning perfectionist. It includes:
- Party Entertainment: Every party needs entertainment and we’ve got it covered from weddings and birthdays to kids’ parties and anniversaries. The winner will receive a $300 credit on GigMasters, to be used for booking the entertainment of your choice.
- Portable Planning: There just aren’t enough hours in the day when you are an event planner, but maybe a free Kindle Fire tablet will help you get it all done (value $199).
- Subscription for the Pros: Stay in the know and network with other Wedding professionals with a free 6 month subscription ($175 value) to Wedlock Magazine.
- Sharing at its Finest: Share your work and get noticed with a free one year membership to Two Bright Lights ($129 value). Two Bright Lights is an image sharing service that is designed to facilitate the sharing of images between photographers and vendors. Download images taken by the photographer of an event, and add those images into Two Bright Lights’ ready-made marketing template to professionally showcase your work. Two Bright Lights also connects event planners with content publishers (magazines and blogs).
- Brag Book: Fabulous parties deserve to be seen. That’s why Adoramapix is offering you a free 10×10 leather lux photo book ($128 value), to display all of your wonderful events. Adoramapix is the source for the finest quality photo prints, photo books and all your photo finishing needs.
- An Essential App: The winner will receive a free Super Planner™ app for their Apple or Android device ($10 value). This app won 2011 Special Events Magazine’s Gala Award for Best/New Innovative Event Product/Technology. Super Planner™ is a business app for the professional event planner that provides planning tools and helpful tips.
Total Prize Value – Over $900!
How to Enter:
- Write a description of a spring party that you designed or planned. It can be a wedding, kids’ party, corporate event – anything.
- Publish your entry on your own blog or website* (don’t have a blog or website? You can still enter. See below*)
- Get social! Tweet us @gigmasters or post a message on our Facebook page to notify us of your entry. Use the hashtag #springparty and we’ll be more than happy to retweet and repost your entry.
Rules for Your Post:
- The featured event must be one that you or your company planned and must have occurred in the springtime.
- The title of your post must be “Spectacular Spring Party”
- Your post MUST include at least one picture of the event and answer at least one of these questions:
Who was the event for/what was the occasion?
Where did the party take place?
Was there entertainment?
How was the party styled?
How did spring influence the party design?
- Previously written posts qualify, as long as they meet the above requirements
- Be sure to include your website URL, Facebook page and/or Twitter account with your entry.
- The deadline to enter is Friday, February 24th!
How to Win:
We will select around 5 semi-finalists based on the content and quality of the entries. Semi-finalists will be announced on February 27th. At that time, our audience (and yours) will be asked to read the semi-finalists entries and vote for their favorite spectacular spring party. This is the time when shameless self promotion is very acceptable.
Sound good? Great! Now, find that favorite party of yours and start writing!
Questions? Please ask them in the comments below.
Special thanks to our prize providers, Wedlock Magazine, Two Bright Lights and Adoramapix. Take a minute to check them out –they are fabulous, we promise! Like what you see? Don’t forget to follow them on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Contest Information and Regulations:
- All initial entries must be posted or emailed by February 22, noon. GigMasters must be notified by Tweet, Facebook post, or email of entry.
- *If contestant does not have a blog or website, entries can be made via email and submitted to email@example.com.
- All entries (submitted via blog or email) must be shared with GigMasters via Twitter ( Tweet us @gigmasters) or Facebook message. If it is not shared on Facebook or Twitter, the entry will not be considered valid.
- All entries must include pictures to be considered valid.
- Contest is open to residents of the United States,18 years of age or older.
- No purchase necessary.
- Up to 5 semifinalists will be chosen from original entries, based on merit. Semi-finalists will be notified by February 24th and voting for the finalist will begin on February 27th and run through March 2nd at noon. The final winner will be announced and notified by March 5th.